Monday, July 28, 2008

More News!

Well, surprise! It's not been all that long since I last posted, so I thought I'd shock even myself by doing this! Hahaha

Right after my last post, Kathryn called to tell us she's expecting a new baby!!! She's not sure of the due date yet, but it should be in early to mid April next year. They're hoping for a boy, time will tell! It's hard to believe Cadence will be 2 in a month! Where does the time go?

That will bring our grandchildren total to 4. My mom told me that will bring the great-grandkid total to right around where their grandkid total is, which is in the 30's. I don't recall the exact figure.

My dad is having an angiogram today... he's been very tired, his heart isn't beating as well as it should. I hope all goes well! I've not heard anything yet and don't know when we will get the results. Course he is 87 yrs old, so things are bound to slow him down! I'm praying for you dad!

Well, we've been here in Kirtland a month now and they finally got us busy at church. I am the Enrichment Leader in Relief Society. (For my non-LDS friends, that is in our women's auxilliary--crafts, workshops, etc. that I'll be organizing.) Tim will definitely be busier than I will be--he's been called as the First Counselor in the Bishopric! He's a bit overwhelmed right now! (Again, for my non-LDS friends, a bishop is the clergy leader--like a priest/reverand/minister and the counselors are his assistants so-to-speak--not sure how else to describe that!) At any rate, it will be good for him!

His job here at the mortuary is going well. They keep busy, which is good, yet bad if you look at that in light of people dying! But hey, people die--we ALL will die--as Tim says, no one gets out of this alive. We just want them to use this mortuary when death occurs.

Enough being morbid! We had a wonderful visit with Elizabeth, Meredith and Xavier last week. She brought the boys back from her farm in Virginia, where they'd been for two weeks. It was nice and quiet here, then it got crazy! Philip moved up to stay with us the day before Liz and the boys returned. As much as I love my daughter and grandchildren, and as much as I loved spending time with them, it was nice to see them go home too--no offense meant Liz! (I'm sure you were ready to go home too!!!)

That's about it for now... no new pics, but if I can, soon I'll hopefully post a video clip of Xavier trying to laugh!

No comments: