Friday, March 20, 2009

Introducing Truman!

Well, I can't believe it's been so long... but I decided to wait until my new grandson was born before updating my blog. And he's here! Truman Scott Peterson was born yesterday (March 19) at 7:45 am, here in Tucson, AZ. He weighed in at (officially) 8 lbs 6 1/2 oz and his length is debtable--20 1/2 inches, or a little less or more. It is hard to measure newborns. Kathryn weighed about the same when she was born! I was told she was 22 inches, yet when the pediatrician measured her 2 weeks later, she was only about 20 1/2, and I know she didn't shrink!


Anyway, he's a beautiful baby. Just don't ever ask my husband because he thinks all newborns are not cute since they can b a bit puffy and splotchy, etc. However, for the most part, to me, they are beautiful--so pure and perfect. Such little tiny and perfect features and fresh from Heaven!

I don't have a lot of pictures yet since he's been having a little 'issue' with his lungs. Nothing serious though. But apparently it's something common with C-section babies. Cadence had a little problem like it when she was born.


Truman has been held captive in the nursery for 'observation', much to his mother's dismay! Though in some ways it was probably a good thing last night, so Kathryn could get some sleep. We're hoping both mother and baby will come home tomorrow evening.


Cadence has had a few 'moments'... and I'm sure she's not done having her 'moments' either! And I'm finding it's been way too many years since I've had to tend to a toddler. It's exhausting! LOL

I arrived here in Tucson on Tuesday evening (St. Patrick's Day) and will fly back to Ohio next week on Thursday, March 26th. It's been fun getting acquainted with my granddaughter! I only met her once--back when she was 4 months old when they came to Brigham City, UT to visit us for Thanksgiving and I was still laid up with my broken leg.


Anyway, I'm so glad he's finally here! Lastly, here's a cute pic of Cadence that I took the other day. She's such a cutie!

I'll put up more pics soon--as they come!







3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to you all. He is a cutie! Give Kathryn a hug for me.

I Love Food said...

Oh! He is so darling! I am happy that you have been able to be there for Truman's birth! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us!
Congratulations!

Debra said...

Sherryl, Your granbabies are so cute. I am really enjoying having my little ones come - I've put some pics on my Blog as well. Keep posting! I want to write you a note soon. Deb