Tuesday, January 29, 2008

An Era Has Ended...



I knew this day would come, but when my mom called to tell me of his passing, it still hit me hard--it stung, actually. I truly loved this man and all that he stood for, for he truly exemplified the kind of life we all should live. What an example!

I will truly miss his spirit, testimony and strength. I know he loved all of us in this great church. His wit was sharp and his humor amazing.

I know I can't be selfish and wish he could have stayed with us a bit longer because I know he's most definitely happy to be in heaven, once again with his dear sweet Marjorie. Can you imagine that reunion! She's been gone almost 4 years. I can also imagine the meeting he had with past prophets, not to mention our Father in Heaven and His son, Jesus Christ. I can hear Him say, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant."

If I were still living in Utah, I know where I'd be on Thursday or Friday--waiting in line to pay my respects. And I know where I'd be on Saturday morning--attending his funeral, not just watching it via satellite as I will be doing here in Ohio.

I pray for his family, who mourn his passing, but put my faith and trust in my Heavenly Father, knowing they will all see their father, grandfather and great-grandfather again one day. I know this knowledge is a comfort to them.

I will miss your presence in our lives, dear President Hinckley and will honor your memory as well as the great legacy you left us as I do my best to follow your counsel.

No comments: