Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Happy Anniversary, Mom & Dad!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to my parents!!! Today is their 58th of marriage. I'm only at 25 1/2 and can't imagine that many years.

This picture was done almost 10 years ago. My mother is very talented--she's the artist. It shows them as they currently looked (well, you know, 10 yrs ago), and then around the age they were married, and then as young children. She's done a lot of these types of portraits. I wish I had half the talent she has! She even did one of Pres. & Sister Hinckley similar to this and it was given to them several years ago.

My dad's a pretty able man himself. He taught me a lot about small household repairs, but more importantly, he taught me important values in life--both my parents did.

I just wish I lived closer so I could be with them in person on this special day! Below is another picture my mom did--a few years before she did the one above. This one was published under the Deseret Book label. I love this picture and am sad that two of these great men are now gone. Thankfully mom is considering doing a new one!



I love you mom and dad! Thanks for everything!!!

No comments: