Friday, December 12, 2008

Things are always changing...

Not long after my last post, I was given a new responsibility at church (most of you who read this are LDS, but for those who aren't, this may not mean anything to you). I am now in the Relief Society Presidency--thankfully NOT president! LOL I'm the Education Counselor. I was actually relieved, since they released me from being the Enrichment Leader (often confused with the Enrichment Counselor), and it was a tough job for me! We have a new president, who was the Enrichment Counselor over me prior to her calling as President. I'm excited to work / serve with her. We have a lot of challenges here, plus it's extra challenging for us since both of us moved into this ward (congregation) the very same day! She moved from Arizona, so we do have a lot in common!

Tim was hoping (FAT CHANCE!!!) to maybe be 'just' the organist for church, but no, he's still 1st counselor to the bishop. It's been challenging for him, but I keep reminding him it's good for him! It provides growth to his character.

The boys are doing well... though both are sick with colds (guess they'll have to miss that campout tonight--for which I'm relieved since it's about 3:30 pm and it's under 30 degrees outside... imagine what it will be overnight!).

Philip turned 24 yrs old today!!! He's having a rotten birthday too... poor guy. He also was laid off--thanks to our 'lovely' economy, a few weeks ago. He's not found permanent work, but is doing a temp job--which is better than a kick in the pants!

I've been in touch with a couple old friends recently, for which I'm thrilled! It was great to talk with you, Sally!!! And it was great to hear from my dear friend, Dwan--after way too many months! It's always fun to hear from good friends -- all year round! Heaven knows we've moved enough, that I have friends all over! Some stay close, others unfortunately don't. But at this holiday season, I'm grateful for my dear friends, and of course for my family!

We'll be putting the decorations on our Christmas tree tonight, so I'll post pictures soon! I love this time of year, the chrispness in the air (though it's already a bit much here not far off the shores of Lake Erie!), and the spirit of the season.

1 comment:

Debra said...

Sherryl, I'm trying to get my Blogging going. I think I'll do a better job staying in touch. Good to hear your news. Deb