Monday, November 10, 2008

Has it really been that long?!

Wow, over a month has passed since my last entry. I initially held off on a new entry as I wanted to wait until it was a 'done deal' with the sell of our house in Cambridge. Well that happened--on October 8th!!! So exciting and such a relief! We did love that house, did a lot of work to it and we miss it, but it is just a house after all. We really felt impressed to get out from under that obligation. Interestingly, Tim pointed out that we are pretty much in the same boat we were almost 18 yrs. ago--no home of our own (as in homeowners) and three kids at home. Well, we just have 3 kids at home now and don't own a home! Perhaps given the current economical state and dismal forecast, that may not be such a bad thing.... time will tell.

Actually a lot has happened since my last entry... now I just have to remember it all! After selling our house, we decided it was time to get rid of the car we had, as it was falling apart. The really sad thing is, we didn't have any payments, whereas no we do--again! But they're not huge and we feel safe in a vehicle that's a little newer, roomier and we're not afraid it's going to fall apart! We went from a sedan to a mini-van again. But these boys are getting so big, and Richard is so tall, it's hard to find a sedan roomy enough. Plus, when we took a day trip into New York the first of November, it was much more pleasant than 3 adult sized sons sitting in the back of the old car! I'll get to our trip in a minute...

I wanted to announce that our daughter, Kathryn, who is pregnant, found out it's a boy!!! She and David are SO excited! She is due in late March. Cadence will be just over 2 1/2 by then and is excited about the baby and then she's not--she apparently isn't sure! Hahaha But I'm sure by the time he arrives, she'll have a better understanding of it all. Kathryn says she tries to push Fruit Loops or some other cereal into Kathryn's belly button to 'feed' the baby. I was going to post a picture of Cadence on Halloween, but for some strange reason it's not working! All I seem to get when I upload them is symbols and letters INSTEAD of the pic. So, if there's anyone who knows what I'm doing wrong, please let me know! I've obviously posted pics here before, but now it's not working and making me crazy! Anyway, it's amazing to me how much she looks like her Aunt Elizabeth when she was little. If you go to Kathryn's blog (the link is on my page) she has some of the pics there.

Charlie turned 16 last week!!! I can't believe my baby is already that old! Time sure flies! And tomorrow Richard turns 17!

Our day trip to New York last week was a long day, but well worth it. First we stopped at Niagra Falls! It's only about 2 1/2 hrs from here. Of course, we also went a couple hours further (after the Falls) into Palmyra, NY, which to those of you who are LDS, know what is there! But for those of you who are not LDS, it's a very important place for us--the beginnings of the restoration of Christ's church. I have uploaded a number of the photos to Kodakgallery.com. But since I'm a newbie at these things, I've not figured a way to get you directly to that page, so I've sent an email 'inviting' everyone I can think of in my email list, so check your emails, if you haven't.

Today we had our first snow here. It was pretty earlier! We had a little 'lake effect' going on too. Philip has decided he doesn't think he's going to like winters in Ohio! I told him to get used to it, since he has a new lady friend who loves living in Ohio and she lives RIGHT ON the shore of Lake Erie!

Other than that, I think this will have to do! We did have a beautiful fall here, but most the leaves have fallen and now it's not so pretty, but when everything is blanketed in white, it is beautiful.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sherryl,

So glad to hear that the house sold!! I think that is a huge blessing in todays market :). Also so happy to hear Kathryn is having a boy :). We are so happy that things are going well for them!
As for the picture thing...do you have your "new post" page set on "Compose" or "Edit Html". If you want to see the pics it has to be on compose or you will just see the code :) Hope that helps!

Sherryl said...

Thanks Celeste! I'll check but I thought I was doing it the same way I've done it in the past--which was in the compose mode... and it worked before. But I'll try again.

How you doing?! How's 'things' going? I lost the link to your blogpage as well as your email address. Could you privately email me that? I'm assuming you still have my email address. Have you checked out Liz's blog lately?